Monday, June 29, 2009
Note: Lemon can be added to the black tea(unsweetened).
Though there are many remedies for Diarrhea, I found this remedy handy and helpful through experience.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Hook number: I used 11G/ 3.00mm.
SL ST -slip stitch
TRC -treble/triple crochet
How to Crochet flower:
Row 1: With white, CH 3, SL ST in first chain to form a ring.
Row 2: CH 1, 12 SC in the ring. Join with SL ST in first SC. Fasten off.
Row 3: Join pink with SL ST in any ST, CH4, a TRC in same ST as first SL ST, CH4 and SL ST in the same ST(petal made). CH2, skip next ST. *(SL ST, CH4,TRC,CH4,SL ST in next ST, CH2, Skip next ST)Repeat from * around, join with SL ST in first SL ST and fasten off.
Row 4: Join white with SC in any CH2 SP, CH4, (SC, CH2,SC) in top of next petal, CH4, *SC in next CH2 SP, CH4, (SC,CH2.SC) in top of next petal,CH4. Repeat from * around, join with SL ST in first SC and fasten off.
Three more flowers are made with different colors of petal but same white border and all these flowers are joined together with a white thread and tapestry needle. Fold a satin ribbon of 6 inches in half. Insert fold in CH2 SP at bottom on one end of bookmark, pull ends through fold, pull to tighten.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Pattern Reference: http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post_8484.html
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
- Poha (puffed rice flakes) - 2 cups
- Onion - 1
- Green chilly - 1
- Lemon - half
- Peanuts - 10 nos.
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak the poha in water for 15 seconds and drain it.
- Take 2 tsp. of oil in a pan and add ginger, green chilly, peanuts, curry leaves, onion and fry well.
- After the onion turns to golden brown, add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Squeeze the lemon and mix.
- At last add the poha and coriander leaves, mix well and serve hot.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
- Boneless Chicken (20 small pieces)
- Cornflour - 1 tsp.
- Maida - 1 tsp.
- Egg - 1
- White pepper
- Onion - 1( chopped)
- Garlic - 3
- Green chillies - 2
- Turmeric powder
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - 1 cup
- Spring onion (green portion)
- Ajno motto and salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Heat oil in pan.
- To the chicken pieces taken in a vessel, add egg, cornflour, maida, white pepper, salt, ajnomotto and mix well.
- Deep fry the chicken in oil till it turns golden brown.
- Cut the chicken pieces again into two.
- In another pan, add 2 tsp of oil, onion, garlic, green chillies and fry.
- Then add a little turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, ajnomotto,coriander leaves and fry well.
- At last the cut chicken pieces and spring onions are added and mixed well.
- Serve hot in a plate.
Friday, June 5, 2009
To make the balls, take a thick chart paper and cut into the shape of a ulundu vada/doughnut (a small hole at the centre). Keep winding the yarn into the small hole till the hole is completely filled. Cut the yarn (outer circumference of the circle) with a sharp blade/knife. Tie the whole bunch with a thread at the centre. Cut and take away the chart paper. Now give a smooth roll with hands to the ball.
Note: Velcro can be fixed to cover the top portion of the pouch so that the cell phone is safe from falling.
- Mintleaves - a handful amount
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- A little ginger
- Salt and sugar (optional)
Grind well the mint leaves and ginger with half a cup of water. Filter and pour it in a vessel. Add lemon juice and 3 cups of water. Finally, salt and sugar is added if needed.
- Ice cream sticks 160 nos.
- Red and green color papers
- Coconut coir
- Green emulsion paint
- Floral tape
- Thick string
- White adhesive
How to do the flower basket:
1. Some dry coir is taken and is painted with green emulsion paint for a leafy effect. Allow it to dry for 24 hours.
2. * The ice cream sticks are arranged in a hexagonal shape and the ends are pasted so that a hexagonal ring is formed. The next round of hexagon is similarly made and fixed such that the first hexagon ring is in inner side and the second outward. Then the third hexagon ring is made and fixed such that the second ring is in inner side and the third being outward and so on. Continue till eight rounds are completed. Now one third of the basket is done. Similarly, repeat from * for two more. Allow them all to dry.
3. Above the first hexagon part, place the second part upside down and the third one as the first. Fix it firmly.
4.For the base which is hollow should be covered with the icecream sticks placing them next to next and by appying the adhesive.
How to do the red roses:
1.Red color paper is cut into squares of 5cm side.
2.Petal shape is drawn and cut. For the bud at the centre, a small piece of red color paper is wound around the string. Keep a petal on the thick string and wind it with a thread then the next petal and wind. Keep going until 8 petals are kept consecutively and at last knot it. Now cut the green color paper in the shape of calyx and leaves.
3.Tie the calyx after the last row of petals are wound. Wind the string with the floral tape for the stem portion. Above that the leaves are pasted at random.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- A thick cardboard (7 inch sides)
- Poster or Acrylic colours (red,yellow,orange green)
- Golden thermacoal
- Woollen thread (pink and maroon)
- Glue & gloss / a transparent plastic sheet
- White adhesive
- Golden glitter
How to do the wall hanger:
1. The square cardboard of 7 inch side is taken.
2. A white sheet is pasted above it and the pattern as shown in the above picture is drawn.
3. Poster or acrylic colors can be used to fill the design pattern. The outlines are given with a golden glitter.
4. Some golden thermacoal (used for decorations) are pasted as shown above. Allow it to dry.
5. The complete cardboard is finally coated with glue & gloss or a transparent plastic sheet is cut to the needed size and pasted for lasting longer.
6. A bunch of pink and maroon color woollen threads are tied to the three corners of the cardboard with some golden thermacoals in it. In the fourth corner left out, a thick thread is tied as a loop so that it could be hung to the wall.
- A waste plastic bottle with its head part cut and the cylindrical part of 15 cm height
- 30 newspapers (15 cm width 30 cm height)
- Brown emulsion paint
- White adhesive
- A white cloth -for flower
- Green color paper -for leaf and calyx
- Floral tape - for stem
- 5 Thick strings
1. Around the plastic bottle of specified height paste a paper.
2. Roll the newspapers with hand tightly and paste the end with white adhesive or can be tied with a thread as I did. Allow it to dry.
3. Each newspaper represents a wood piece.
4. Glue on the paper around bottle and paste those 30 sticks.
5. Paint them all with brown emulsion paint(lasts forever). Allow to dry.
6. The base of the vase can be covered with the newspaper and painted.
How to do the white roses:
1. Cut the white cloth piece into squares of 5cm side.
2. In each square, a petal shape is drawn and cut.
3. For the bud at the centre, a small piece of cloth is wound around the string. Keep a petal on the thick string and wind it with a thread then the next petal and wind. Keep going until 8 petals are kept consecutively and at last knot it. Now cut the green color paper in the shape of calyx and leaves.
4. Tie the calyx after the last row of petals are wound. Wind the string with the floral tape for the stem portion. Above that the leaves are pasted at random.
This is Vidhya Ganesan, a proud homemaker. I would like to share some of my interests in this blog. I ensure you, my readers that this site will keep your time worthful and helpful. Let me start with the little creations I have made and the learnings at home. This may be an artpiece, a craftwork, cooking, crocheting, etc., I hope you will enjoy learning!