- Pearl millet - 1 cup
- Jaggery (karuppattti /vellam) - 200gms
- Cardamom - 2 pieces
- Channa dal(roasted gram/porikadalai) - optional
How to prepare Pearl Millet Laddoo:
- Fry the pearl millet in a kadai with no oil . When a nice aroma comes out, stop frying.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Prepare jaggery syrup by adding little water in jaggery and boiling it. Once the jaggery melts down and a thick syrup like consistency is obtained, put off the flame.
- Grind well the pearl millet which is brought to room temperature along with cardamom.
- Add the jaggery syrup to it.
- Make laddoos and a yummy,healthy snack is ready to serve!!!
If jaggery syrup is added more and unable to make laddoos, some roasted gram can be powdered and added to it.