Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Sunday, October 25, 2015
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Happy Ganesh Chathurthi !
May Lord Ganesha remove all obstacles in life and
make your way of success smoother! :)
(ref: page 7 today)September 16,2015.
Materials used are :
- Pepper corn
- Coconut Shell
- Greengram dhal
- Roasted gram
- Puffed rice
- Mango leaves
- Jute string
- Earthenware diya
Lord Ganesha is seated on a Banana leaf. And the coconut shell is held with the banana stem. Even the diya lighted is an earthenware which is eco-friendly surrounded with yellow flowers.
Posted by Vidhya Ganesan at 12:51 PM
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Pearl millet - 1 cup
- Jaggery (karuppattti /vellam) - 200gms
- Cardamom - 2 pieces
- Channa dal(roasted gram/porikadalai) - optional
How to prepare Pearl Millet Laddoo:
- Fry the pearl millet in a kadai with no oil . When a nice aroma comes out, stop frying.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Prepare jaggery syrup by adding little water in jaggery and boiling it. Once the jaggery melts down and a thick syrup like consistency is obtained, put off the flame.
- Grind well the pearl millet which is brought to room temperature along with cardamom.
- Add the jaggery syrup to it.
- Make laddoos and a yummy,healthy snack is ready to serve!!!
If jaggery syrup is added more and unable to make laddoos, some roasted gram can be powdered and added to it.
Monday, March 16, 2015
On the occasion of Onam festival,
I had an opportunity to do this lovely pookalam at my son's school :)
I would like to thank my son's teacher for giving this beautiful opportunity
and for the memorable moments while doing this pookalam :)
Lord Ganesha in the middle and various colors of flowers
really made this pookalam look great!!
Friday, March 13, 2015
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Hot summer is coming up and get ready with thirst quenching recipes!!
Here I have a citrus mint punch to beat the heat.
- Mint - a handful
- Lemon - half
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 1 glass
How to Prepare:
- Grind mint in one glass of water in a mixie jar and filter it.
- Squeeze the lemon into it and add 2 tbsp. of sugar and mix well.
- Ice cubes are optional.
- Cool!!! Citrus mint punch is ready in seconds.