Wishing you all a Happy New Year :)
I am starting this new year with a simple, delicious dish... Curd Rice...
- Mustard - 3/4 tsp.
- Urad dal - 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves - a few
- Grated carrot - 1
- Cucumber - 1/2 diced
- Ginger - a little grated
- Green chillies - 2
- Chopped corainder leaves - a few
- Curd - 3/4 glass
- Milk - 1 glass
- Oil - 3 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Cooked rice - 3 cups
- In a kadai, add oil and heat. When oil gets heated, add mustard, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Once mustard starts bursting, add ginger, green chillies, carrot and fry well.
- Add salt to taste. Keep it aside.
- To the cooked rice, add curd, milk and the fried ingredients immediately before the hot steam from rice disappears and mix well. Add sufficient milk till the rice gets mixed well.
- Coriander leaves are added finally.
- Serve hot with avakai pickle and enjoy the yummy food and pictures! :)